Friday, April 8, 2011

We Got the Apartment, and We’re Moving!

I just got the phone call I was hoping for! Jeff is holding the keys to our new apartment!! After months of searching on the Internet, over a week of Jeff making the 2.5 hour round trip commute into Paris to look for apartments, and lots of prayers, we finally found a place to rent!! The actual rent is more expensive than what we were hoping to pay, but we’re very happy that we avoided agency fees. The fees are really expensive (often equivalent to one month’s rent), so we figure we came out about even with what we wanted to pay.

I must say, I am so excited to unpack my bags! Living here at the Marriott has been fun, but I’m ready to stop living out of our luggage and actually start experiencing Paris. I haven’t even been into the city yet!

Jeff also informed me that we will not be getting a car to take us into the city. Instead, we will be riding the train and the Metro! Yes…with ALL of our stuff!! When he told me this I gave him a look like “Are you kidding me?! We can’t take all of our luggage and our family on the Metro by ourselves!!” His response - "It's ok, I have it all figured out. The missionaries are coming to help with our bags. I am NOT spending $200 on a car when we already have bus and train passes."

Last week Jeff purchased month passes for the trains and metro since we’d be using them so much, and they were pricey. So, he was so excited to tell me that I have nothing to worry about and that he made it so easy that I had to go along with him. However, I was definitely thinking..."Mmmm, right honey. I’m thinking easy would have been renting a car and driving me into the city. That would have been the easy route." But I kept those thoughts to myself. I know we need to save money where we can, so I went along with it.

Wish me luck because this is definitely going to be interesting tomorrow!

No comments: