Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday with our new friend

Aren’t Sundays GREAT! We sure love them in our family. It is just so nice to have break from the normal hustle and bustle of the world. Our morning started off with a Metro ride and a short walk to get to church (about 50 minutes total trip). It was great to be at church and to meet our new ward family! I know I’ve said it before, but I just love the Gospel! Wherever you go in the world you have an immediate family. I was also so glad to meet people who spoke English. There were a bunch of American families (called expats…I just learned that one) in the ward. One of the families we met was the Binghams. They have a couple girls close to the same ages as our girls. I chatted with Emily for awhile after Church while the girls played. Their family is here while her husband is on a business assignment for 2 years. They are most recently from Virginia, and they are super sweet. I’m sure we’ll see more of them.

We also met Cassi Lee. Cassi is a 19-year old from Chicago who is here on a modeling contract. She lives with 7 other models and none of them speak English. I can’t imagine being in her situation with no family and really no one to talk to. It just seems so brave to me. We invited Cassi to hang out with us for the day, and we were glad that she accepted. Before heading home Jeff wanted to walk by this well-known open-air market to see if it was any good (Marche Richard Lenoir). This was my first Parisian market experience. They had all kinds of stuff, including meat. I have a hard time thinking they are selling meat out in the open. That can’t be sanitary! As I was walking checking out what they were selling I heard Cassi say “Ummm…Don’t step on that.” “What?” was my reply. And guess what happened next? Yep… I stepped on guts from some unidentified animal or fish. Seriously…gross!! It was hard enough just to look at everything and now I’ve just stepped in it. Yuck! We had a moment of grossness and then just laughed it off. As our stomachs were starting to grumble we decided to head home. We cooked up our first meal in our new apartment (spaghetti with fresh broccoli, baguettes and cheese from the market). Cassi ate with us and shared our Sunday family night with us. It was great to have her here, and I’m pretty sure it was nice for her to spend some time with a family.






At the market with our new friend Cassi

2 comments:

melissa said...

Hooray, your smiling face....

Brad & Cindi Pearce Family said...

I am loving reading about your adventures in Paris. Which ward are you guys attending? I think we will come over to pick up jordan in July, so we will have to meet up! She wrote me about getting to chat with Jeff and was so excited to hear from you guys!