Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dressing Room Surprise

Yesterday was our first full day in Paris so we decided to go out exploring a bit. We decided to wander into the 16th arrondissement to a shopping center called Passy Place. We found a GAP there, and so we did a little shopping. I insisted that Jeff get himself another pair of jeans, so he had one of the fashionable GAP dudes help him with his outfits. I wanted to see what he was trying on, so we journeyed into the dressing room with him. I turned the corner to walk down the hallway of dressing rooms and immediately realized that dressing rooms in Paris are a little more, shall we say, open. There, at the end of the hallway, looking into the 3 tilted mirrors was an older lady in her underwear! I thought… is Jeff in the women’s dressing room?? But no! We were in a shared dressing room and apparently she didn’t care for her own room and wanted to see herself in the 3 mirrors. Maybe the French don’t care much for privacy? I didn’t mind but the girls kept snickering and Mya kept looking at me and saying “weird”.

No comments: