Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

We were excited to celebrate Easter this year in Paris. We had a great time going into all the shops and checking out all their Easter candy. Last year, much to the disappointment of the girls, I wrote the Easter Bunny a letter telling him we really didn't want candy or chocolate that year (I thought this was brilliant). So, the sweet Easter Bunny left money in the eggs instead of candy. Great! No cavities and the girls have money to save and spend. Right? Wrong! This year, the girls made it very clear that I was not to write the same letter again! They wanted candy and chocolate! Celine said "Mom, please don't write the Easter Bunny and tell him we don't want candy this year, BECAUSE WE DO." So, we had a chocolate/candy extravaganza...


I got some fun colored candy and ribbon at our neighborhood market. I was hoping to get some fabric and jars but Easter is on a budget this year, so we used whatever we had at the apartment.

Eva held on to her cup with a death grip! I really didn't want her to eat any of it due to her just getting over being a bit sick and having a fever, but I let her eat some anyway.

Chocolate bunnies, chocolate gift pack and chocolate eggs. We ate a ton of chocolate!!! We were ALL surprised when the chocolate gift pack had a toy game hidden in the chocolate. Each girl got a different toy game and it kept us entertained for hours.

Can't go wrong with crepe's for breakfast... teacup style..

We had originally planned to have a picnic in Versailles, but with Eva just getting over being sick we decided to picnic around the corner from our apartment...at the Eiffel Tower. What could be better than beautiful weather and an Easter picnic at the Champs de Mars!

We ate sandwiches, chips, strawberries and bananas with Nutella (more chocolate).



Any spare time we've had lately has been spent reading. And reading at the park is one of our favorite pass times. They each have a book that they are reading and then I have a book I've been read to them (so fun to experience the book with them!). We are just finishing up Jennifer Murdley's Toad. Celeste, the librarian, (who is super helpful) picks out her favorite books for us to read. And so far we have been very pleased.

Yep, more candy. I'm sure she'll have a fever relapse tomorrow. But it's Easter... right!? And look at that smile. How could I resist! She almost had me fooled that she even had a fever at all.

We have watched Tangled so many times since we've been here that of course the girls would put flowers in their hair.

Fun day!
(PS...please, no comments about my white legs!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AH! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am loving hearing these experiences! I loved the pictures of your Easter! Gorgeous cups with treats in them, Christa! You are SO artistic! I loved seeing the eggs with the toy in them! Totally reminds me of my mission-we had those eggs too! And I love your description of their lifestyle and eating! We loved that when we visited a few years ago-but we were only there for a week! You guys get to experience it as YOUR lifestyle the whole time your there! Awesome!!!! You look so darling in all the pictures! My Mom and Dad have always thought you looked like "Nanna Mouskeri" a famous french singer from years ago that my parents love! We used to have records of her when I was little..seeing you there in Paris made me think more than ever you look like her-but a prettier version! Love you guys and miss you TONS! But we are SOOOO glad you are having this experience!!!

Lori Orr said...

OO, how'd you do the collages? I love it! You're really going to have to train me to be better about holidays. You are just so cute with them, always! I loved your breakfast, that looked SO yummy! You are my hero!

Linda Sumner Urza said...

So fun, Christa. I don't feel like I am missing out when I can follow along with your blog. Love, Mom... Grammy!

Marylin said...

Oh my gosh Christa I have enjoyed catching up on all you have been up to in France! I knew you guys had moved but I have been soo sick with this pregnancy that I haven't been doing anything. Today I woke up and said " I am going to catch up on Christa's blog." What an EXCITING adventure! I love all the pictures and reading all the details! Thanks for the "happy" it brought me today!

Kellie said...

We miss you... Sounds like you are having a lot of exciting experiences and some leisurely days as well! I'm still grateful, you'll only be gone until the end of July.