Saturday, April 16, 2011

Essential books while in Paris

I found a wonderful book today at The American Library in Paris called Paris in a Basket. This book was my favorite find at the library today. I'm seriously so excited about this book!!! Everything you need to know about the Parisian markets, food and the people. We've already been obsessed with all the markets while we've been here and we are on a search for our favorite market. I can't wait to go to the organic market in the 6th arrondissement.

Bloom Where You Are Planted is another fantastic book. Unfortunately you can't get it on line. I mentioned this book in my earlier post regarding Helpful Paris Information. It is published by the Women of the American Church in Paris. I am so glad Jeff went and picked this book up the first couple days we were hear in Paris. It has saved us on a number of occasions. For example... All the power went out in our apartment. I couldn't figure how to get it back on and we were just about to leave so I left a flashlight by the door and when we got home Jeff was smart enough to check the book and sure enough it told him exactly what to do. It was simple! If we didn't have the book we probably would have been out of power for a good while until someone came to help.

No comments: