Thursday, April 16, 2009

The unexpected moment

Today was the day that I had to take Liv in to get her updated on her shots. I don't know what it is, but I alway get so wigged out when I have to get the girls their shots. I just think they are way too young to be putting this stuff in their body, but I know they have to have it at some point. I was a bit nervous to take Liv in thinking that the doctor was going to think I was this bad Mom for waiting to get all her immunizations, but it had to be done. I had been hearing about this Doctor Carry for a while and I was excited to check her out. Everything was going great and I was immediately impressed with the office, the staff, and Dr. Carry! As we were visiting with her Liv was being totally shy and wouldn't say a thing. Dr. Carry brought her chair close to Liv, bent down and said.. "Hey sweetie can you tell me your name?" She was wanting to get Livia to talk. I said to Liv "come on tell the Doctor your name." As we were sitting there in silence waiting for Livia to say her name... it happened. All of the sudden Liv let out the biggest, smelliest fart ever!! Dr. Carry and I laughed so hard we couldn't even speak for about 1-2 minutes. All I could say through the crying laughter was.... "I did not name her that!!!" Well the visit went great and before Dr. Carry left the room she turned around and said... "I will never forget you Livia!"

8 comments:

Amy Brindley said...

I take kamryn to see her. She is fabulous and so close to our house. You should have dropped in!!!

Marylin said...

Oh my Gosh that is hilarious!!! I am laughing out loud as I write!! Sounds like a great Doctor, and they can be tough to find!

Lori Orr said...

Your stories of the girls are absolutely the best! I'm so proud of you that you've found a great way to record them!

Sunnie said...

so fun to see your blog! i had no idea you had a blog. congrats on the new baby girl on the way. 4 girls- so fun! your girls are beautiful!

lklarsen said...

We love Dr Carry too, she's the best but we've never had an experience quite like that, I love it. thanks for sharing your blog site with us, so cute. Kristi Larsen

Unknown said...

I made it to your blog and I love it already! Thanks for the invite!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

this is so funny! and celine does sound like quite the fashionista! sweet little girls. congrats on no. 4! that is wonderful. i love paige the penguin. thanks for inviting me to your blog!

Justin and Steph said...

That is the funniest thing ever, I almost peed my pants typing this, is that why she wasn't talking? Kids they always seem to do something to make you proud...hahahahah!