Sunday, September 28, 2008

POPPED LOCK

Ok, if you have that feeling that someone broke into your car they probably did.... this is what happened to us a couple of months ago. Jeff and I went out with some friends for dinner and a movie, and when we were driving home I couldn't find my cell phone that was just right in the middle console. I told Jeff I had this feeling that someone had been in our car. Jeff looked all over and finally I realized that someone had popped the lock. I know that this was happening because it had just happened to my neighbor. Those DIRTY thieves!! I couldn't believe how clean this was.... You don't even know that the lock is missing until you actually check the lock. And what do you know.. It's totally gone. Not to mention it is very expensive to fix. UGH!!!!  Anyway, I keep hearing stories of my friends or their family members that this is happening to. I used to park far away in the parking lots but now I look for the best and most visible spot I can so maybe I will be less of a target. Drivers, beware...


8 comments:

Boo and Sara said...

I am glad you are back into the blogging world, well at least for now :). The bridal shower looked amazing. Way to go! How lucky for you to have such great friends. The wedding looked beautiful and you looked gorgeous as always. I loved the hot pink ribbon in your hair.

Our car was stolen last year and then recovered the next day stripped of everything (wheels, tv's.....). The thieves popped our lock as well and then found the spare key (which I had left in the vehicle) inside, and then drove away with my keys. I figured if I ever lost my keys I would still have a set inside my car, not smart thinking.

The reunion was a lot of fun, I am glad we got to catch up. I definitely want to come to Vegas for the 27th!

karlin said...

I hate that. Don't you feel so violated after?!

Anonymous said...

That sucks! Our car got broken into once and I felt so violated! Anyway, Sara totally won the blogging contest! It was so great to see you this last weekend. You are as beautiful as ever. I wished we would have been able to chat more. Take care and keep up on your blog so we can all peek in on you :-)

Becky said...

How scary! Thanks for the heads up!

Linds said...

ohhh scary! hmm a new anxiety for me to worry
about...
christa i'm so glad you came last weekend! you look great! i'm sad we didn't get any pics the night we went to dinner! :( maybe next time!
love you!

*kRiSti* said...

It was good to see you, as beautiful as ever. I wish I could have stayed to talk longer.

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

So sorry about your car! Your new blog looks really cute though!!!! Your girls are so gorgeous! And I'm glad you decided to go to the reunion

DeMille Family said...

Love the new look of your blog and all the new posts! I think your girls are beautiful just like you! Sorry about the car situation, I've had mine broken into 3 times but all they took were my CD's and a CD player. Cute pictures!