Friday, March 25, 2011

School's out for the summer

I went to Bush Elementary today to check the girls out of school for the rest of the year. I thought it may be an emotional day for me...it was! The main source of my emotions came from how blessed I felt this year for my daughters to have such wonderful teachers. Mrs. Degilio, Livia's Kindergarten teacher, was especially sweet and we shared tears as she described how much she would miss Liv in the classroom. Mrs. Degilio and Ms. Jones (Mya's 4th grade teacher) were so kind to Mya and Liv and gave them going away gifts to let them know that they would be missed. I am so grateful for the wonderful teachers at Laura Welch Bush Elementary!


I can't believe that when we return to Texas my girls will be in 5th, 3rd, and 1st grade respectively. Am I getting that old that I have a 5th grader that has braces! Wow! It's amazing how quickly time passes and how fast my girls are growing up. It really is true that we need to enjoy life and live for every single day and every single experience, because life passes SOO quickly.



No comments: