Monday, March 7, 2011

Melissa and Lucy

My dear beautiful friend Melissa and her daughter Lucy flew in from Las Vegas to spend time with me, of course. While she was here visiting for girl time, she helped me go through my closet and pick out my wardrobe for France. Packing is such a dreaded task even going somewhere for a weekend, but packing to leave the country is overwhelming. Melissa is a fashion guru and loves clothes so she is the perfect person to tell me "what NOT to wear". This made packing so much more fun. I did have to do just a bit of shopping to complete the missing pieces. My favorite purchase was the Gap ballet city flat (they fold in half so it is easy to pack multiple pairs of them without taking up a lot of valuable space and packing weight). I have been wearing them to make sure they will hold up and be comfortable for all the walking I'll be doing in Europe. I love them, and I was happy that I got them at 40% off too.


We did do more than just talk about clothes and shop. We ate!!!... and ate, and ate some more. I think we left Melissa with a great taste of Texas. Here are some of the places we journeyed to...






No comments: