Monday, March 30, 2009

What is in our future?

Jeff came to me a couple of years ago and wanted to go back to school and get his MBA (Masters in Business). He never acted on it, but he felt that at some point that was what he wanted to do (and more importantly what he was supposed to do). Jeff comes from a family that is really big on graduate education. His Dad got his PhD, his brothers are both doctors, and his sister is a veterinarian. I think it is in their blood to get the urge to go back to school. Jeff was in pre-med at BYU, but had a crazy sports injury and spent 1-2 weeks in intensive care, and there he found out he hated hospitals and the moment he got out he changed his major. It's a good thing because he is very active and social so being in a hospital would have been torture.
So let me tell you... I was a little unsure how I felt when he said he was serious about applying now. Really? Now? Almost 4 kids later?? That's kinda a lot to soak in. I want to slow life down, not add to it. I guess it's better to do it now then come to me in 2 more years and want to do it. Everything seemed to be last minute, but he pulled it off and got it all done. I'm just glad he got it all in on-time. He applied to.....

BYU- Accepted
Duke- Accepted to the Cross Continent MBA (International Program)
Texas University- He has interviewed and is waiting to hear back.
UCLA- Was a NO go
Harvard- Is probably a NO go as well, but waiting to hear

And now it's the waiting game. We are not sure what our plans are just yet. Who knows? If Jeff doesn't get in where we feel like we are supposed to be, we could end up staying here in Las Vegas and reapplying for next year. Jeff does has an exciting job that he really likes. It is really fun and it is the perfect job for him, so I think it would be hard to leave it anyway. Regardless of our path, I love him and will support him in whatever we do. I feel comfortable that we will be where we are supposed to be!


5 comments:

Marylin said...

I soooo know how you feel!! We are also in the middle of some changes in our family too! My husband just got a job in Colorado so we will be moving out there and I can't help but feel like this will be the beginning of an adventure for us. We both feel like this is what we are "supposed to do"! I know that everything will work the way it should!! :)

Sara said...

Good luck on the decision making, I know it can be really stressful. We are absolutely loving school - whatever happens will be for the best. Ben's brother really liked BYU's program. Let us know what you guys decide on.

Congrats on another girl! Tell Jeff that in my family the boy came fifth. There's still hope.

Vegas Bronley's said...

If you guys leave we will be sad. But you need to do what is best for the family. We wish you the best.

karlin said...

good attitude christa... i'm keeping my fingers crossed for byu!

LehiLeavitts said...

Congratulations on another girl, and congratulations to Jeff with the schooling situation. I guess my totally unbiased vote would be for BYU!!! Grad school can be done with four kids- it makes it more interesting for sure; make sure you know how to juggle first! :)