Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Boy or Girl?

I usually just go with Jeff to the ultrasound, but the girls really wanted to go and be apart of everything, so we decided that it would be a good idea to bring them. They were so excited and couldn't wait for today. I woke up this morning to a tug on my arm. There was Celine standing next to my bed completely dressed and all ready to go. After I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes I sat up and realized that both Mya and Livia were with her, also all ready to go! This made this special occasion even more fun! After a shower and a quick breakfast we were off to the appointment. During the ultrasound all I heard was oooohhhs, aaaahhhhs, and giggles... "Is that a hand?"... "Is that the foot?"....."That's the cutest baby ever!" (I wondered if they even knew what they were looking at, but they sure were happy). The ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know the baby's gender, and the girls gave Jeff and I puppy dog eyes "Please Mom Please." I became completely weak (I'm a softy). While she was checking the umbilical cord I got a good look at the baby's bottom and couldn't help but say "I KNOW WHAT IT IS"... The tech looked at me and said "Really? Well, what is it??" I immediately said "It's a Girl!!" Mya, Celine and Liv all started screaming.. "IT'S A GIRL, IT'S A GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!" I can't even tell you how fun it was to have them experience that and be with us for that moment. Priceless! Jeff is a big sap when it comes to babies so he is pretty excited too! I do feel bad that he is going to have to deal with 5 girls in the house. He just laughs and says he needs his own bathroom. What a good sport...Hee hee! The only thing he is worried about right now is the shopping...girls stuff is so fun to buy!! I got home from the appointment and was already looking at stuff online. He just rolled his eyes. This is going to be so much fun!!!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

5 girls!! WOohOOoo! Congratulations you guys. You sure do make beautiful girls :)

Brooke said...

ALso, love all the updates

Marylin said...

Oh I love girls!! How fun!! I do agree that buying for them is the best part!! :) Jeff is in trouble for sure!! :)

Boo and Sara said...

Congratulations! My mom and dad got their first boy on their 6th child. Two more and you will have a boy :). Me and my sisters are all so close. Keep us posted on where you might be moving. Good luck.

Vegas Bronley's said...

Congratulations on the 4th girl. I have two aunts that had boys before getting their little girl. The one aunt had 4 boys and then a girl and the other aunt had 5 boys and then a girl. And now one of the girls has 4 girls and the other is getting married. I think girls would be fun. But wouldn't trade my boys. I am sure that those little girls are very excited to have a little sister.

karlin said...

you gave in! i'm so glad you did. i had a feeling it would be a girl!! fun to take your girls to the ultrasound. my dr. won't let us take children but we went to fetal photos and took avaree and she loved it. babies are so exciting! congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. I want a girl so bad I can taste it! What are your favorite stores to shop for little girls? If I don't have a girl I'll have to get your address and send you a cute outfit for yours! I've been shopping way too much for a little girl I probably won't have :0)

Kortney Manning said...

Girls are in the air!! Everyone I know is having a girls! Congrats! And as I was catching up on your blog, I realized you had posted about Jeff returning to school! Yikes! It is well worth it...no matter the age or circumstance. One of our good friends is dental school was in his mid thirties and had 5 boys! It can be done! Keep us posted on the results! Take care!!

Kortney Manning said...

Why are you in Scottsdale? You have to call me if you get a spare minute! My home number is 480-830-9038!!

heathfamily said...

I'm so excited for you. You are hogging all the girls..Grrr! Love you Chrissy!