Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lori's bridal shower

I have been looking forward for a long time to host Lori's bridal shower and I finally got my chance.... Then I started feeling like everything had to be perfect! Good thing I had some wonderful and reliable friends to help me through it.... Yea, LUCKILY! Here are just a few pictures.....

Me and the bride-to-be.
Mom, Angie(Sister-in-law) and Julie(Friend)
I decided to have a brunch and serve quiche and crepes with bananas foster, strawberries, blueberries and peaches. It was delicious! .  

Look how perfect Roslyn's cookies turned out! She even added gold on the top of the cookie for the Angel Moroni. These cookies are as good to eat as they look. I think Roslyn has made cookies for every function and party I have had! Good thing we're friends! I love her!!

After making this banner I thought I probably should have put her last name instead of her first because she ended up putting it in her bedroom. Oh well.
I went to Joann's to get all my pink fabric and totally scored.... I got it all 75% off.. YES! I got enough fabric to cover my dining room table, kitchen table, and drink table. 
Here I just had everyone fill out some advice cards. I'm sure some of them were pretty funny to read. 
I just spruced up her engagement pictures and embellished with stickers.


A little SHOUT-OUT to.....
Julie for making her famous quiche
Roslyn for the cookies and banana foster 
Brooke for the darling invitations

I have some talented friends. Thanks ladies! Love ya!!!

2 comments:

John & Shauna said...

Christa,
Thanks for posting the details of the shower. You did a great job. I love seeing all the ideas. You all look so cute at the wedding. Congrats to Lori.

karlin said...

Good job on the shower! It looks amazing. That was nice that your mom was there too. She is talented at that kind of stuff. It's a lot of work. I hosted my sis in laws shower and I was the same way. I wanted everything perfect. You can't do it without good help. Did Lori get baptized?? I thought is was just Angie.