Friday, April 24, 2009

A child's mind

I really wish I could remember what it was like to be a kid again, or just to be able to think like a kid or to somewhat understand their thought process! Why is it that no matter how many times you tell a child not to do something they do it anyway? Whether it is their curiosity that drives them or just their desire to see your reaction (or maybe sometimes them not even thinking at all), the things kids do just amaze me. For example....

Why in the world would Liv wipe her poopy bum on her beautiful white towel that has her name embroidered on it?

Or why does Celine use a whole role of toilet paper every time she goes to the bathroom?

Or what about the time they wanted to surprise me and mop the floor... They dumped a bunch of water onto the tile and followed it up by pouring Dawn dish soap all over the floor. It became one big soapy mess! Have they ever seen me mop that way??? NO!!!

Or when I asked Liv to clean up the bathroom, and she thought it would be faster to just throw everything in the toilet.... Oh yea, and then she went to the bathroom on top of all of it! Really? Hello??

and the list goes on..

I find myself repeating.... "Hmmm, that probably wasn't a good idea" or "That wasn't a very good choice" or "I think you should learn from this so it doesn't happen again." All I get is "Sorry Mom."

Boy they are lucky I love them soooo much!


No comments: